Thursday, August 6, 2015

Anastasia Beverly Hills Liquid Lipsticks - Pure Hollywood & Veronica




Hey guys! So I ordered two liquid lipstick from Anastasia Beverly Hills since everybody is talking about them and I really wanted to try them out. I was lucky enough to find Pure Hollywood in stock, which is a beautiful warm browny nude shade, and the other one I got is Veronica, which is part of their new fall collection that just came out. Veronica is a mauvy color, very Kylie Jenner-ish.

Here are both of them swatched:



This is what Veronica looks like on the lips:


And here's Pure Hollywood:



My opinion

These are actually quite different from what I expected. I find that they never completely set and dry like other liquid lipsticks that I own. There remains a certain tackiness on the lips, which results in them transfering a tiny bit when I kiss them on my hand. On the other hand, they are less drying than others. 

Pure Hollywood does accentuate the fine lines in my lips and exaggerates them. I think this occurs with pretty much any lighter colored liquid lipstick though. Veronica is such a pretty shade. I find that it looks quite dark on me since I am pretty fair, so do keep in mind that it might look different on you depending on your skin tone.

Yay or nay?

I am a bit indecisive. They are beautiful. It's just that they do not last as well as other lipsticks and if you don't like that tacky feeling on your lips, you will not like these. Staying power wise, there are better options on the market in my opinion. But they are more comfortable to wear since they are not as drying. And the shades are gorgeous. So overall, I like them!

No comments:

Post a Comment