Monday, August 3, 2015

Lime Crime Velvetines - worth the hype? Red Velvet - the perfect classic matte red

Lime Crime's "Red Velvet" Velvetine is the ultimate red. It's a classic shade that every woman should own.

Pairing Red Velvet with very minimal eye makeup and a structured face + a high ponytail gives it a very modern, editorial high fashion look I think. You can totally wear this any other way you want, e. g. pin-up, 50s, glamorous, vampy etc.

I have owned the "Red Velvet" Velvetine by Lime Crime for a while now and thought I would talk about it.

My opinion

Red Velvet is the only shade I own and I absolutely love it. It's the perfect classic matte red and it does not move once it has dried. The formula of these is very liquid, unlike for example the Anastasia Beverly Hills Liquid Lipsticks, which are much thicker and creamier.

As for staying power, the Velvetine outdoes the Anastasia ones by far (at least for me). While I feel like the ABH ones never completely dry and therefore keep transferring and wear off more easily, the Lime Crime Velvetine stays put. And because it is so thin and liquidy, you hardly feel it on the lips which I really like. Of course the better the staying power, the more uncomfortable and drying. But even though I am someone who always needs something moisturizing on their lips, I don't have a problem with the Velvetines at all.

Yay or nay?

Yayyy!!! These are amazing, definitely one of my top favorite liquid lipsticks. I have nothing bad to say about this product. I do want to mention though that there has been quite a bit going on with Lime Crime, just google "Lime Crime scandal" and see for yourself. Personally, I bought this product before this became public and I haven't purchased anything else from the company since. But I will continue to use this product up and I did want to show you.

Btw: I do own 2 of the Anastasia Beverly Hills Liquid Lipsticks. The shades I have are Pure Hollywood and Veronica. I will be reviewing and swatching these shortly!

No comments:

Post a Comment