Sunday, August 2, 2015

Urban Decay Naked Palette - finally jumping onto the bandwagon!

Sooo...I know I am so late to the party but I never actually owned one of the much talked about Urban Decay Naked Palettes. So far, UD has launched 4 of these. The Naked, Naked 2, Naked 3 and just recently the Naked Smokey Palette. And of course there are the Naked Basics and Naked 2 Basics Palettes.

I knew that I wanted one of the big palettes, so I looked at each in the store and was most attracted to the original one since it's right up my alley with the mostly warm toned shades.

Here's a look at it:





Here are some swatches in different lightings (swatched in order from left to right):

Swatched in normal daylight:
Virgin, Sin, Naked, Sidecar, Buck, Half Baked, Smog, Darkhorse, Toasted, Hustle, Creep, Gunmetal

Swatched in brighter daylight - I find this lighting to be the most accurate and true to color.
Don't mind that photobomber in the background :)
Virgin, Sin, Naked, Sidecar, Buck, Half Baked, Smog, Darkhorse, Toasted, Hustle, Creep, Gunmetal
Swatched in direct sunlight
Virgin, Sin, Naked, Sidecar, Buck, Half Baked, Smog, Darkhorse, Toasted, Hustle, Creep, Gunmetal

My opinion

I really like the color selection and how metallic these are! There are only two matte shades in here: Naked and Buck. Both are taupy/browny shades that make for great transition colors. 

Most of them are very pigmented. I must say however that there is definitely some fallout with some of these shades. The colors Creep and Hustle (third and second to last) are the least pigmented of the bunch and not my favorites. Creep in particular, being a black shade, is actually quite disappointing as it goes on as only a wash of color.

My favorites are the two mattes (Naked & Buck) and from the shimmery ones, I really like Sidecar, Half Baked, Smog and Gunmetal. Half Baked is such a gorgeous gold and Gunmetal is a shimmery blueish grey color with sparkles in it. It's perfect for a night out.

Yay or nay?

Definitely yay for the great choice of colors since they all go so well with each other and there is pretty much anything you need in here for a neutral toned smokey eye or for an everyday look.

Nay for the price since this is not the cheapest palette (I paid 47 EUR) and for the fact that there is quite a bit of fallout and some shades are not as pigmented.

Bottom line, I think this is such a beautiful and universal palette and for those who are willing to invest in a good palette, I would say go for it. Is it a musthave? Probably not since there are so many other amazing options these days at a much more affordable price. I will be showing some on this blog very soon, so be sure to check back!

No comments:

Post a Comment