Winged eyeliner takes a steady hand and some time to do which is why I tend to only do it when I'm not in a rush, which unfortunately I am most mornings. The struggle of getting it even on both eyes is so real :) plus I have hooded eyes (not extremely hooded, but somewhat hooded: my right eye is a lot more hooded than my left eye). Doing winged eyeliner on hooded eyes is tricky, but it is possible when keeping a few things in mind. So today I wanna share some tips that I use myself to make it work for me.
Also, if you need help when it comes to eyeshadow application on hooded eyes, this video might help you as well:
|Here you can see the wing on my left eye which is not very hooded, but I obviously did the same wing |
on my right eye which is more hooded.
|In this one you can see that the eye on the left is slightly hooded compared to |
the eye on the right which has a lot more lid space.
Here's what you want to do:
- use a waterproof eyeliner so that it doesn't smudge onto your eyelid
- tightline your upper lashline to give the illusion of fuller lashes without taking away any lid space
- make the liner as thin as you can get it so it doesn't take away from the little lid space that you have
- don't start at the very inner corner but at about one third in (makes the eyes look more open)
- make the liner thicker as you get to the outer corner
- don't wing it out going right up but go more straight, depending on where your hood is
- putting on false lashes or a lot of mascara helps hide the hood a bit
This makeup look
I did this makeup look today and really loved the finished look. My tan from my summer holiday has almost completely faded, so I am back to pale which really works with this fall look. Actually it's not even a fall look - you can wear this any time of the year. But it gave me fall vibes somehow (it might just be the plaid scarf...oh well.).
I am not wearing any eyeshadow, just black eyeliner, mascara, tinted brow gel, a ton of face products :) and some lip gloss (NYX Intense Butter Gloss in Tres Leches). You wanna make your skin look flawless so that the eyeliner stands out. I used my all time favorite foundation which is Vichy Dermablend, and my MAC Pro Longwear Concealer which is also my fave.
Not putting anything on the lower lashline gives you a very fresh & youthful look, so I usually skip it for everyday looks. However you do you!