Monday, December 14, 2015

Greyish pink / greige lip trend: my favorite lipsticks (featuring Dose of Colors Stone)!


Sooo...I love the current lip trend of these greyish pinky lip colors. I think they look so nice (don't even know what it is about them). They are not so "in-your-face", however they compliment pretty much any look. Therefore I thought I'd share my 3 favorite lipsticks in this category with you. They are slightly different in color and have 3 different finishes, but they're all in that color family and great choices if you love this lip trend.



Let's start with one of my favorites not just in this color family but in general: I am obsessed with the Essence Love & Sound lipstick in the color 02 - Glastonberry. It's described as a soft berry on Essence's website, and out of the 3 I'm showing you today, it's the lightest one and also the most affordable option (I believe it was € 2.99). It has an incredibly creamy texture and is super comfortable to wear. Here it is:

Essence Love & Sound lipstick in 02 - Glastonberry

I do find the lighting to be a little bit off in the lip swatch photos, but you can also check out my arm swatches above as I find them to be more true to color.

Next is a very pretty lipstick as well and it's the NYX High Voltage lipstick in Flutter Kiss. It is a tad deeper than the Essence one and slightly more purply, but also very creamy and buttery. This was € 6.99. I love the texture of this one, but do keep in mind that it is not extremely long lasting due to its more glossy finish.

NYX High Voltage Lipstick in Flutter Kiss

And lastly, a favorite of many people: Dose of Colors liquid lipstick in Stone. This is super hyped and used to be limited edition and could only be purchased in a bundle of 3, the Terra collection. Due to the enormous hype, the colors from the Terra collection are now available individually, and that's when I got my hands on it (it's $ 18). It's a super matte, greyish dusty pink color:

Dose of Colors Liquid Lipstick in Stone

It's the priciest out of the 3, but it's the only liquid lipstick and therefore has a true matte finish once it dries, so it also has the best staying power. I really love this color, what I have noticed with it though is that if you love to overline your lips, it will really show with this shade. I think when you compare the 3 lip swatch photos you can tell that in the last one, my lips look obviously overdrawn, even though my application was the exact same in all 3 pictures. Just something to keep in mind if you like to overline your lips.

So which one is my favorite? Hands down the Essence one! It is the easiest to throw on, feels super comfortable on the lips without sliding around, looks great with everything...the only thing is, this might be limited edition :O I don't know why companies keep doing this to us! If you can still get your hands on it online, don't hesitate because it's beautiful! Here is a photo in which I am wearing it:


No comments:

Post a Comment