Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Technic "Highlights" Highlighter - Dupe for Benefit High Beam! Review & Swatches!

Everyone loves an affordable dupe for a high end product, so today I am reviewing a dupe for Benefit's High Beam liquid highlighter: Technic's Highlighter!



As you can see, the packaging is pretty much identical to the Benefit one. It comes with the same brush applicator and the color of the actual product seems to be the same as well. Let's take a closer look!


Generously applied to the back of my hand, that's what the color looks like. It's a light pinky color. The below picture shows how it looks blended in:


It blends very nicely and you can definitely build it up to your liking. And finally, because I know it's most helpful, here's what it looks like applied to the face:


I am not wearing anything on my face except for the Technic Highlighter and as you can see, it gives me a very nice glow! I applied it quite generously and built it up just so you can see. There are tiny shimmers in there, but unless what I've read about this product beforehand, I don't find it to be chunky or glittery at all.

I would always recommend setting a cream product with a powder, whether it be foundation, eyeshadow or highlighter, just to prolong the wear of the product and lock it into place. Therefore I like to use this product as a base for my powder highlighter, which intensifies it big time. This is also great for strobing! I actually used it in my strobing look which you can check out here.

I do not own the Benefit High Beam for reference, and I am not going to purchase it because as far as I saw and read, it is literally almost the exact same as the Technic highlighter, except the Technic one is EUR 5 whereas the Benefit one is EUR 29. The Technic one looks slightly pinker and swatches less opaque than the Benefit one, however you can't really tell a difference once they are blended in.

So if you're into highlighters, definitely pick this up! I think everyone needs to own a liquid highlighter because they are great to mix in with your foundation or for creating a fresh and youthful look in the summertime. Also, a liquid always looks more natural than a powder as it blends in much better into your skin rather than sitting on top of it.

Thumbs up for this product!

No comments:

Post a Comment